Wildfires in Australia east coast have left three people dead and several missing.
Officials said on Saturday that more than 30 injured and over 150 homes destroyed due to wildfire.
Around 1500 firefighters were battling more than 70 fires across Australia’s most populous state, New South Wales.
The rural fire service commissioner said that the strong winds further fanned the flames.
He added that a woman with serious burns died in a hospital near Glen Innes on Friday.
Her daughter-in-law identified the victim as 69 years old grandmother who was alone in her house in the small community Wytaliba.
On Saturday, firefighters found another body in a burned car near Glenn Innes. The officials did not release the name of the victim yet.
Moreover, they also found another body on Saturday afternoon in a burned building at Johns River. The victim died in fire hundreds of kilometers from Glenn Innes.
Furthermore, the commissioner said that they were expecting the number of missing persons to climb.
He added that there were really grave concerns that there could be more losses or indeed more fatalities.
Further, he said that more than 30 people including firefighters received medical treatment for burns. And one patient had a cardiac arrest.
The plight of victims:
According to the statement by the officials, at least 150 homes had been destroyed since Friday.
Meanwhile, residents could not return due to the dangers of fire and smoke.
Hundreds of people evacuated the homes along 500 kilometers of the eastern seaboard from Forster.
Forster is a town 300 kilometers north of Sydney, Australia’s largest city. Many spent the nights in evacuation centers, while some slept in cars.
In the meantime, Prime Minister Scott Morrison warned Australia to expect more bad news from the fire zones.
On the other hand, the Insurance Council of Australia declared the wildfire crisis a catastrophe, meaning they will give priority to the insurance claims.